Improving urgent communication and emergency response
for Colleges and Universities
In times of emergency or distress, the Campus StaySafe smartphone panic button solution turns your student’s smartphones into personal emergency alerting devices. With Campus StaySafe, every student’s smartphone can act like a “blue-light” phone – all at the touch of one button – from wherever students are located.
With Campus StaySafe, students and staff members have access to a personal “panic button” app on their smartphones that they can use to call for help in an emergency. Activating the button immediately dials the campus emergency number and sends a text/email message to a list of pre-defined contacts which can include campus security personnel and school administrators. The alert message includes the name of the person who is requesting help, their phone number and their actual location as determined by GPS. Activating the button also causes a red flashing emergency alert message to be displayed on the monitoring dashboard used by emergency dispatch personnel.
Campus StaySafe’s emergency information function provides students and staff with specific procedures to follow in a variety of situations. This information is customized to include your specific emergency protocols and can be augmented with FEMA information on a wide variety of emergency types. Specific examples of “what to do in an emergency” information can include how to react in situations including active shooter protection, alcohol poisoning, tornado, earthquake and other serious incidents.
Campus StaySafe also protects students in non-emergency situations. The “Buddy Alert” feature allows students and staff to set up a list of friends or colleagues that can be alerted by text message (including the sender’s GPS location) when help is needed, but the authorities are not.
- Smartphone app that allows students and staff to send an instant “panic-button” request for emergency assistance
- Activating the panic button initiates a call to the campus emergency number
- Activating the panic button simultaneously sends text and email messages (including caller name, mobile phone number and GPS location) to a campus security personnel and a configurable set of recipients
- The panic button also generates a red-flashing alert screen in the web-based monitoring dashboard including caller name, mobile phone number and GPS location
- Includes vital “what to do in an emergency” information
- Customized for each college or university with approved safety information and links to safety services, transit maps and other services
- Automated registration process – students send message to text short code and receive registration links
- Optional outbound text and email broadcast alert system for sending notification (such as “all clear”) to all system users
- No expensive hardware to install or maintain
- Increase student safety by providing enhanced direct access to campus security personnel
- Messages go directly to campus security personnel, not a mobile 911 call routing center – vastly decreasing time from call to response
- Provide direct access to emergency protocols and additional campus safety resources like escorts, Safe-Rides, transport maps and safety tips
- Low cost
- Simple, turnkey deployment and administration
- Quick deployment – only days to customize and activate
- Marketing support to help get the message out to students
For more information or to discuss how Campus StaySafe can improve the safety of your community, contact us at info@DefenCall.com or call 1 888 868 8386 now.